Thursday, June 18, 2009

Starting From Scratch. . .

okay so, about this house thing. . . yeah. . . um. . . NO DEAL! i have withdrawn my offer on my house and am now going to be starting this whole looking-offering-accepting-buying process all over again. :-( First off i ran into issues with my down payment and other funding that i needed to come up with. My dad was getting a home equity line of credit and was going to gift me the money for what i needed and i would just pay him back. All was going as planned until last thursday he got told he had been Dis Approved after being approved only due to the fact that his house sits on 2 lots. . . WHAT THE HELL?!?! that doesnt make any sense at all because the increased lot size should only increase the value of the home. I immediately called my realtor and told her and the mortgage loan officer that i was working with about what had happened, and i said i couldnt go through with it cuz i now had no down payment and didnt know how long it ws going to take for the city to come out and remeasure their lot as 1 big lot for the line of credit to be able to go through. At that point i thought that the contract had been terminated based on my inability to meet my financial requirements. . . i guess i thought wrong (even though i told her i was not able to follow through with the purchase and the inspection and everything else had been cancelled at that time.) So yesterday when my dad got good news that he had been approved through a different financial institution for his home equity line of credit i called my realtor and asked what we had to do now and if i needed to put in another offer on the house. She said no and that i was still set to close on the 26th. . . (again) WHAT THE HELL??? i havent even given notice at my appartment and cant afford a mortgage payment AND a rent payment in the same month. Then i also found out that since rates had gone up and i had not been locked in at a lower rate that my house payment was now up to almost $850/mo. NO!!! I REFUSE!!! Also it was past the deadline to have the home inspection done and count towards the purchase of the house, and so if i still chose to have one done then no matter the outcome i would still be obligated to buy the house. this made me mad as i didnt know what the outcome would be and i didnt wanna get locked into a house if it had a lot of problems. so i withdrew my offer and im now starting from scratch :-(

No comments: