Friday, April 3, 2009

I CANT FREAKIN BELIEVE IT!!!

Okay . . . let me set the scene for you'all. . . Its a clouded over evening, and im getting out of class. I had texted my sister asking her if she wanted to come over to my house and hang out for the evening. She replied with a yes, but told me she would need a ride (due to her NOT having a car, or so i thought, since she had totaled hers a week and half earlier!!!). So i graciously offered to go pick her up so that we could hang out. Here's where the plot thickens. . . DUN DUN DUN! As i pull into my parents driveway, i notice a shiny silver thing in the distance. It was way at the end, almost as if (hopefully) no one would really notice it. Well, I DID! As i get closer i notice it has 4 round tires and a spoiler. . . (at this point i was thinking. . . WHAT THE F***!?!?!) Yep, much to my amazement, there sits a Mitsubishi Lancer, New as can be. I park my car angerly, turn off my engine, and take a loooooong deeeeep breath! I try to calm myself before i exit my vehicle and approch the entrance of my parents house. I try to think of ways that this situation would be justified so that i wouldnt be so shocked, upset, and confused at what my eyes had just seen. As i enter the house, i dont mention the shiny new automobile that is parked outside. . . until i cant take it anymore. I then ask my mother if that is Mady's new car. She states that it is, and that they got a good deal with zero percent financing (which makes it all that much better and okay, right??? . . . NO!!!). Well as hard as it was i bit my tongue because its not my credit that they are screwin with, its theirs. Why do i say this? Well maybe its the fact that my sister, Mady, HAS NO JOB RIGHT NOW!!! Now, if im wrong, someone PLEASE correct me, but how on earth does anyone buy a car with no job!?!?! Please, dont get me wrong, im not mad or jealous that she has another new car, im shocked that she has another new car and she doesnt even have a way to pay for it! That is not what responsibility is! When i talked to Mady she said her car payment wasnt due for 45 days and that she would find a job within the next couple of weeks. . . Well you tell me. . . Is a job a garaunteed find in today's economy??? Hmmm. . . that's a tough one, but im gonna go with probably not. I remember a day when my mom use to be the one teaching us kids that it wasnt a good idea to jump right into things. She use to tell us that if things were not certain, you shouldnt commit yourself to something. Hell, our insurance hasnt even processed the claim for the total loss on her toyota yet! Mady cant even insure the Lancer until the insurance files the claim and its processed and the toyota is taken off of the insurance. I guess im just shocked cuz when i went shoppin for my car when i was sixteen, i wasnt even allowed to entertain the thought of buying a car unless i had a job! I dunno what to think about all of it, all i know is that im a bit irritated at the whole situation and i needed to vent! So there, I VENTED!!!

2 comments:

The Inflatable Couch said...

What the F%%%*&*!! I hate that. Yes that is wrong. This is what is wrong with people today. I'm not trying to put down your parents, but when parents do these kind of things they release crappy individuals into society. I'm sorry but people her age who even have a job have no business buying a new car that is that expensive. Well maybe it was expensive the EVO's are like $30,000 but you could pick up a crap Lancer for probably $14,000. I garuntee you it wasn't an EVO. I don't think she could afford the insurance along with the $450 car payment. On the other hand when you don't have a job what kind of car payment can you afford.??? I'm sorry Jordyn, try to keep in mind that although I'm sure she is happy this will hurt her in the future. You can't put a price on responsibility. I'm glad your not jelous no reason to be for a stripped down Lancer. This kind of crap strikes home with me. I'm an only child and my parents make 6 figures so you would think I would have it pretty good right? Wrong!! I never got favors, I bought a car when I was 17 (the one I'm driving now) I paid $6900 for it and my car payments were a little over $100. I also had a job and it doesn't take much to make $100 a month..... I also paid for my own cell phone. I received no favors, my parents did give me a little bit of money for college but not much at all because I worked for Convergys for 4 year and they pretty much paid for it all. So in short it just bugs me when people get handed out favors they are the people in society that drive me nuts.

Jordyn Eckersley said...

its crazy huh. well no it was not an EVO. its not really stripped down tho either. its got a spoiler, the nice sound system, great safety features, and a sunroof. i think it was like 18,000. and i bought a 23000 dollar car at the age of 16, but i also didnt total mine. this is her second new car in a little over a year. and granted yes she made all of her car payments on her first one and she is supposed to make all of her payments on her new car, its the fact that how can you make payments if you dont have a job. and getting a job is not a garauntee in this economy right now. its not the fact that its a new car at her age, its the fact that she has no way to pay for it, and that her and my mother just jumped right into it and the insurance claim isnt even processed yet. thats what irritates me, because i knew she would get another new car, i would have too if i had totaled mine. but i also would have had to wait til i got a job no matter what the interest rates were gonna be. grrrrrrrr.